At Blue Valley Veterinary Clinic, we’ll treat your pet with the ultimate pet styling experience to have her (or him) looking his very best! Our in-house pet stylist, Sara, will take her time to get to know each one individually so the final result compliments their unique personality! From shaved down Shih Tzus to sculpted Poodles, Sara gives each one the pampering attention they deserve, including lots of petting, brushing, treats, and gentle, relaxing massage. If you want a particular twist on your pet’s ‘do, Sara also is really open with communicating about the style preferences of each client and will take the time to discuss the outcome (especially after the pet’s first visit) and tweak a few things here or there if needed. (You can always take hair off but you can’t put it back on!) Since frisky felines and super squirmy dogs may require a bit of…attitude adjustment…through sedation to get the best look possible, Blue Valley Veterinary Clinic is the obvious choice for those critters that may need a little help to relax for their grooming appointment.
Each full service groom includes a bath with shampoo and conditioner, blow out, brushing, and styling (trimming) for that pet’s shape, breed, and/or client preferences, as well as ear cleaning, nail trim, and anal gland expression (if you don’t know what that is, it’s really stinky and you should be very glad we do it here and your pet doesn’t do it at home!). More minimalistic services are also available, including bath only, bath + ears, bath + ears + nails, bath + ears + nails + anal glands (etc., etc., etc.).
To protect the health of your pet as well as our other grooming and boarding visitors, we require that your pet be up to date on vaccinations. If your pet is not up to date, we can do the vaccinations with an examination at the time of the groom appointment.
Pampered attention will have your pet looking and feeling his or her best!
Typical pet styling appointments include the following:
- Pre-cut: This is a rough cut to show off your pet’s shape and take off the longer, dull, extra hair to allow your pet’s beauty to shine through!
- Bath and Rinse: Your pet is bathed with a luxurious combination of hypoallergenic, skin soothing shampoo and conditioner that is massaged into the skin and coat, leaving the skin, hair, and pet looking and feeling great!
- Brush Out/Towel Dry/Blow Dry: Much like human hair has a different shape and texture depending on drying method, your pet’s natural hair characteristics and the drying process sets the stage for your pet’s appearance.
- Final Cut and Styling: Using a skillful, artistic blend of clipper and hand scissor techniques, your pet is sculpted to its ultimate signature look!
- Nail trim, ear cleaning, and anal gland expression
For high energy or anxious pets, consider Zylkene, a non-sedative anxiety-relieving supplement that helps your pet focus on getting the spoiled attention that he or she deserves! As a veterinary clinic, we also have the ability to sedate pets on a case-by-case basis for their comfort and safety.